Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Catching up

I'm playing catch up today.  I have been a terrible blogger.  I haven't even been able to keep up with the blogs that I follow and read!  I'll try to catch you guys up on what's been going on. 

Since I last blogged, we have gone through the 9 month mark, Thanksgiving, picking a name for baby girl, 4D ultrasound, getting busy preparing for her,  etc. etc.

I published my Thanksgiving post (below) and 2 other posts from today (below). 

We are getting so busy, which is great for me.  I go to the doctor twice a week now for NST.  I have my first baby shower this weekend.  So excited about that.  Another baby shower next weekend and maternity pictures.  All kinds of things! 

We have been doing things around the house trying to prepare for baby girl to get here.  We have been working on getting her closet together and it's about done.  We are hoping to start on her nursery this week.  It's still hard to even think about taking Wiley's stuff down, but we are incorporating a lot of his stuff in her room or around the house.  Can't wait to post pictures for you guys. 

Where am I?  I'm doing okay... August, September, and October were extremely hard months for me in my journey through grief.  I don't know why, just part of that grief roller coaster I guess.  Just trying to stay busy now and take one day at a time, the good and the bad days.

Our new support group held its first annual Christmas Memorial last night.  It was so nice and we really enjoyed it.  There were around 20 babies honored.  When our babies' name was called out, we went and put their tag on the tree and turned a light on for them.  It was sweet.  I noticed out of the corner of my eye, a lady that was there by herself.  She was holding multiple tags.  They started calling her babies' names out, I counted 6 babies.  Each one, they said their first, middle and last name.  My heart completely broke for her.  6?  I can't even imagine.  I did learn that she has one living daughter. 

I just felt so blessed and incredibly thankful.


Wiley's tag on the tree.

2 comments:

  1. I have missed you but we have been super busy also with the Holidays. We are going to a candlelighting on Sunday. Glad to hear being busy is helping a little.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been just as bad keeping up on my blog and reading the ones I follow. Glad to see you're keeping busy and the busyness is helping a little to pass time. I remember what that was like. Try to take those quiet moments with Ellie and just glote in her tumbles. You will be on my mind on these next weeks.

    ReplyDelete