Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Capture Your Grief Days 7-9


Day 7: What To Say

 Simple as that.  Wiley.  The best gift anyone can give me is for me to know that people love him and remember him.  I don't need someone trying to come up with some silly line to make it better.  Nothing will make it better.  But hearing his name is music to my ears.  Hearing people talk about him is a wonderful thing.  I have several family members and friends who talk about Wiley often.  I still have some really great friends who message me out of the blue saying, "I've been thinking about Wiley today." or "Happy 6 months in Heaven to Baby Wiley."  It means the world to me for people to just remember. 

Some other great things people have said to me are:
"I sure miss that little guy." 
"He is so handsome."
"Can I have a picture of him for my house?"
"Can I see a picture of him?"
"Tell me all about him."
I could go on and on....I have really great people around me!

But it really hurts when some just will not say his name.  I have made it clear to everyone around me that I like to talk about him.  It does not make me sad.  But we have a very close family member who hasn't said his name to me since I was pregnant with him.  At all.  I recall in one long conversation with this person, I said his name maybe 10 times and every time, the subject was immediately changed.  It hurts. 



Day 8: Jewelry
Wear this necklace every day
My charm bracelet with mine, Wiley and my husband's birthstones.



Day 9: A Special Place

My special places are outside on the farm with my husband, the cemetery and Wiley's room.

 
 

1 comment:

  1. Love all of these. Your farm looks so very beautiful! Wiley is blessed to have such a good mommy!

    ReplyDelete