Friday, October 5, 2012

Capture Your Grief- Days 2-5

Day 2: Before Loss Self Portrait
I've posted this picture before, but I think it just captures how happy I truly was with my sweet boy.  I was 24 weeks pregnant with Wiley in this picture.
 
 
 
Day 3: After Loss Self Portrait
 
    I have posted this picture before as well. This is us at Wiley's funeral.  I think you can see the grief in both of our faces.  Our lives are forever changed.  
 
 
 
Day 4: Most Treasured Item
I can't just pick one treasured item.  I treasure his pictures the most, I would say.  But anything that touched Wiley is very special to me.  This picture shows a few of my favorites.  The green blanket in the front is one of the blankets that Wiley was wrapped up in.  I have slept with it every night since I have been home.  I freak out if it is not touching me at all times throughout the night.  It is very tear-stained, mascara-stained and has 2 spots of blood on it from when Wiley had a nose bleed.  His clothes, hat and other blanket are in ziplocks trying to preserve the smell and the outfit he wore the most is in the safe. 
 
 
 
Day 5: Memorial
This is at Wiley's funeral.  I just love all the beautiful flowers and that some had tractors on them.  My sweet boy is so loved.
 
 
 

 




1 comment:

  1. Gosh the first two make me cry. You look soooo happy and then soooo sad. I am sorry that you had to walk this path with your first baby.... heartbreaking. I sleep with Jonathan's blanket also :) Beautiful flowers for sure.

    ReplyDelete