Thursday, August 2, 2012

14 week ultrasound

Just wanted to update on my ultrasound yesterday.  I was incredibly nervous for it.  It wasn't so much if the baby was okay or not (because I just heard heartbeat on monitor) but I was so nervous to find out the gender of the baby.  Obviously, as long as the baby is healthy and alive, it doesn't matter either way!  A part of us want another boy so bad because we were supposed to raise a baby boy and we didn't get the chance to.  We did not find out the gender yesterday.  Our doctor searched around for a good while, but baby was not in good position and it is still a little early to tell.  They say boys are easier to tell earlier on, which is probably why we found out with Wiley so early.  So my immediate thought was it's a girl.  But our doctor said that doesn't mean it's a girl. We should find out the next time we go in 2 weeks. 
The ultrasound went great though.  Baby had grown so much and was moving all around.  He/she was kicking and jumping.  We got to see baby's mouth open and close and then trying to put hand to mouth and suck thumb. It was the sweetest thing. 
Yesterday, I absolutely fell in love with this baby.  Of course I did when I found out I was pregnant, but yesterday made it very real for me.  It made me realize that it doesn't matter what the gender is at all.  This baby will bring joy back into our lives and will be completely spoiled with love.  I'm glad we didn't find out what we were having yesterday because honestly, I wasn't ready for it at the time.  I needed to see that ultrasound and let it soak in.  I'll be ready when we do find out and I know we will be happy boy or girl!!

Our little blessing of hope
Baby praying...Doctor said baby is letting us know that everything is okay. :)




Love you sweet boy and your baby brother or sister.




6 comments:

  1. Hi baby!! So happy to hear everything is going great!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy I am so happy for you and your precious baby. :) I love the picture of your sweet baby praying. Adorable! Can't wait to find out too whether Wiley will have a brother or sister to love from Heaven. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! He/she is getting so big! I love all of y'all :) glad to see the ultrasound pics

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to hear that your rainbow is doing well! I can't wait to hear if Wiley will have a baby brother or sister!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwww sweet baby :) :) :) So glad to hear all is well. Praying for Wiley's sibling and you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was SO nervous about finding out Emmarie's gender too! But I was afraid it would be another boy. I was so afraid I would be thinking, why this boy? Why couldn't Elias have lived? It's twisted what our brains and hearts go through when we're hurting! So happy your little one appears healthy and is growing!!

    ReplyDelete