Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day

Today was my first Mother's day and my sweet baby is not here. Last night and this morning were rough.  But I tried to make the best of my day and embrace the fact that I'm Wiley's mommy.  I'm so thankful that Wiley made me a mommy and I'm so thankful God chose me.  I was really dreading this day and parts of it were rough, but Wow.  I have the most amazing husband, family and friends.  I was really worried that I wouldn't be acknowledged as much as I'd like to be today, but I was so wrong.  I woke up to many text messages from family and friends and more throughout the day.  Several people acknowledged me on Facebook.  I also received four Mother's day cards.  My mom and dad got me yellow tulips (my favorite) and a gift.  My sweet husband got me this cross bracelet.  I am so grateful for those special people in my life.  I couldn't do it without them.  I'm so blessed to have these great people and I'm so blessed to be Wiley's Mommy.  Plus, I have a pretty great mom myself! She has done so much for us and has been there for me every step of the way. Thank you Mom. Love you!
Happy Mother's day to ALL mommies!

Love you little man.


Bracelet my husband got me.




Guardian Willow Tree from my mom and daddy.  Love this.

No mommy should have to be here on Mother's day.

3 comments:

  1. Oh Amy that picture of you makes me cry. You are so right no mommy should have to be there on Mother's day. I ma so glad you felt loved by special people in your life. I love the will tree and the bracelet, BEAUTIFUL :) I am saying a prayer for you now my friend. (BIG HUGS)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right...no Mommy should be there on Mother's Day. I am so sorry for your loss. I have a few willow tree statues as well that I really cherish. I wish I could give you a great big hug. What a beautiful Mommy and a beautiful baby.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that Willow Tree you got! I too received one for Mother's Day, "Angel's Embrace". I am sorry for the loss of your precious Wiley. It sure does make Mother's Day hard after you've lost a baby. ((hugs)) & prayers
    Jenn
    visiting from Tesha's

    ReplyDelete