I have had a few better days since. I got up Friday and cleaned my whole house and did the laundry. It felt good to get something done. My husband and I, along with my family, went on a weekend vacation. We rented a house to stay in and went to the theme park and just spent time together. It was a very nice time and I'm glad we went. I even rode a few little roller coasters. My family has been so amazing and supportive. I don't know what I would do without them. It's so nice that we can talk about Wiley. I don't ever want it to be an uncomfortable conversation. I love to talk about him. I wish more people would talk about Wiley with me.
When we got home yesterday, I had some time to work on my blog. I am so terrible at figuring out this blog stuff, but I'm getting there. Thanks to Tesha for helping me. She told me about photobucket and I went from there. I didn't even know about photobucket, haha.
I have been feeling more at peace lately. Thanks to God for giving me that. I still have really, really hard moments and days. But I think I'm finally coming to the realization that Wiley is not coming back. For a while, I still felt like I was in a dream (and sometimes still do). I thought this can't be real. I was in shock and maybe denial. When we first came home from the hospital, I kept thinking I need to be pregnant again. But really, in my mind, I was wanting to be pregnant with Wiley again. I was wanting to bring Wiley home at the end. It's weird, but that is really what I was hoping for by being pregnant again. I am coming to terms with when we do decide to try again, that it will not be Wiley. It will be a precious, new baby. A baby we will love unconditionally, like we do Wiley. But it will not be Wiley. I so wish he was here right now though. I miss him so incredibly much.
One day closer, sweet boy.
Here are a few random pictures that I've been meaning to post.
My sister had this necklace made for me after the funeral. It has a cross and Wiley's birthstone. I wear it every day.
Rose blooming from Wiley's rosebush. Purple:)
Picture of the spray on his casket. My parents had this made. Can you tell Wiley and his daddy love John Deere tractors?
Picture from our farm.
Two full rainbows after the storms a few weeks ago. I needed to be reminded of God's promises. :)
YEAAAA! Your blog looks beautiful! You did a great job! I grabbed your button to put in my friends page. I am so glad you are feeling a little better, I know there will be up and downs. Someone told me today to treat myself like i would my best friend. That is great advice I am way to hard on myself sometimes. I really love the necklace it is precious, and the rose so amazing. I wanted to plant something for Jonathan but I thought I would be really bummed if it died...I ma not to good with plants LOL. Your farm is so beautiful!!! My sister is an organic farmer in Main. I hope to see you at the link-up tomorrow. I am saying a prayer for you now, if you ever hit a rough patch please email me we will cry together.
ReplyDeleteAw, your John Deere stuff made me cry lol. We bought a John Deere a couple of months before we had Seth and I wanted so bad to take pictures with him and his dad on it. I was all for the John Deere themed nursery. <3
ReplyDelete:) My husband has this obsession with tractors. He cherishes the memories of him and his dad on the tractor, he so wanted to carry it on with Wiley. We just bought a new John Deere. Everytime we see a tractor, it makes us think of Wiley.
DeleteHi Amy,
ReplyDeleteThank you for visiting my blog, your tribute to Wiley and your love for him is beautiful. I am going to grab your button too and share it on my blog. I read your previous post and I have to say that I can relate 100%. I have other children aside from my sweet Lily and they are school aged. I will never forget the first time I had to go to a school function after Lily passed away...it had only been two weeks. Not everyone even knew I was pregnant because it was winter and I was all belly. I called my girlfriend to go with me because I couldn't bare to talk to anyone, face the questions and none-the-less put a smile on my face for the people who had no idea the true Hell that we were going through. I squeezed on a pair of my non-maternity jeans and a cute jacket so it would hide my belly and the fact that my jeans were probably obscenely too tight! I did survive those few hours but not without getting into the car and breaking down all alone. It felt SO good to be away from each and every person in the school. It tooks MONTHS for me to slowly leave the house willingly and get the simple things done. You will get there in your own time...when you are ready.
~Much love to you, April ♥
http://www.lilysamazinggrace.com/
I love your new blog layout! You'll have to fill me in now how to make headers and buttons and such. :) I'm glad you and your husband got to go enjoy yourself for a bit. I love all of your pictures. Wiley's rose bush is beautiful... I can't wait to plant one for Jake. I took him a mini rose to the cemetery, and when I went to visit the other day, someone had planted it by him... strange but I won't complain. Hope you're having a good day. You're still in my prayers.
ReplyDeleteJessica