Monday, February 25, 2013

Elisabeth Hope

Let me just say that Ellie's delivery was the easiest of all times. I'm not going to write her full birth story on here, but I'll give an overview. Once my water broke, I got an epidural and things moved very fast!! Broke my water about 8:45am (I was at a 2) and she was here by 12:21pm. When I was ready to push, we got extremely nervous. Ellie's heartrate kept dropping and I kept worrying about that. I just knew something was going to happen before she got here. A part of us didn't allow ourselves to really believe she would be in our arms alive after we gave birth. But we did 3 practice pushes and had to stop because Ellie was so close. When our doctor got in there, he had just enough time to get his gloves on and turn around before Ellie just slid right out! It was silence for just a second and then we heard her little cry. I can't even type into words what that moment was like. Hearing her cry, knowing she was our's and we get to actually take her home...Amazing. We are just so thankful to God that this little blessing of hope is our's. She's alive, she's here and we still can't believe it.
 
On our way to the hospital!

 

 


Gift from our nurse. Precious, right?

 
 

 
 

2 comments:

  1. Ellie is beautiful, Amy. I am so glad she is here safe and sound in her mommy and daddy's arms finally. <3 I'm so happy for you! I can't wait for my precious girl to be here too... 5 more months of waiting for me...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ellie is gorgeous! Congrats to you and your husband! Hope you are enjoying this time with your new bundle of joy!

    ReplyDelete