Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Capture Your Grief: Days 28, 29, 30


Day 28: Memory

Today, we are supposed to share one of our most significant memories on this journey.  It can be good or bad. 

Rocking my baby in the rocking chair in this picture is my most memorable moment.  I don't have a picture of it.  No one else was there to see it.  It is simply a memory in my mind.  I have pictures of my husband rocking Wiley.  I have pictures of my family rocking Wiley.  But there is not a picture of me and Wiley in the rocking chair.  I guess that is okay because at that moment, it was just Mommy and Wiley and that's how I wanted it to be.  I have wrote about this before, but after he was born and we bathed him and held him, we were all exhausted.  Everyone went to bed and I stayed up holding Wiley in my hospital bed.  My husband quickly fell asleep and I got out of bed and walked to the rocking chair and spent a few hours rocking Wiley.  I remember trying to get him as close to me as I could.  I laid his head on my chest.  I laid him out straight on my lap and just looked at him.  I cried.  I smiled.   I sang.  I talked to him.  That was the only time that it was just me and him and I will never forget it.
 
 
 
Day 29: Music
 
There has been so many songs that have helped me through this journey.  If you would like to hear any of them, I post my favorites on the Songs of Healing page.
 
 
 
Day 30:  Your Grief - Tell the World
 

There are many things I would like like to tell the world when it comes to losing a child.  Many things people just don't get unless it has happened to them.  I didn't do a picture so here are a few things. 
  • Say his name- Wiley.
  • When asked, "How are you?" I usually lie. 
  • I'm still not okay.
  • Please don't judge me if I'm not doing what You think I should be doing.
  • Sometimes, I feel like a crazy person. 
  • Our lives may go on and we may have more children, but we think about and miss our child that we lost every single day.  It may be 1 year, 10 years or 50 years later, we remember and will always ache for our child. 

2 comments:

  1. I'm in tears about the rocking chair. Thank you for sharing that. As I read your words I was right there with you rocking Wiley. I wish I had done that with Sam. I wish that I had just some mommy and son time, but I don't think I did. I regret that. I wish I held him longer, cuddled him longer, kissed him longer. I guess nothing would have been long enough. I just could take the death mutating my little boy right before my eyes any longer. I wanted to remember him warm and with color. But I wish I had rocked him, that would have been an unforgettable memory.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a precious moment you had with Wiley in the rocking chair. I kind of wish I would of had some time alone with Jonathan. It is so easy to find things to regret. I so agree with "say his name"! and sometimes I feel like a crazy person also. Hugs sweet mommy

    ReplyDelete