I have been getting a little anxiety about taking down Wiley's nursery. We have bought Sister lots of clothes and they are hanging in her side of the closet, but we haven't bought much for the nursery. I know what I want to do and have most things picked out, it just scares me to no end to take Wiley's bedding off, his curtains, his pillows, his tractors and pictures and then move all the furniture around. It scares me and it hurts my heart.
Also, holidays are coming up. I'm not sure how you handle those 'firsts.' It's finally starting to feel like fall around here and it all takes me back to a year ago being pregnant with Wiley. My husband loves to decorate the outside of the house for holidays and he said the other day we should go get some fall decorations and get out the ones we have. I said, "No....? We aren't doing that this year." Of course he was like, Why? (It's not the same for him.) I remember exactly what it was like last fall being pregnant with Wiley and going to buy hay bales for our porch and mums and scarecrows. I remember sitting in the rocking chair on the front porch watching my husband put it all together. I remember thinking...this is the life. Perfect weather, perfect time of year, perfect husband, perfect baby on the way. I put out my Thanksgiving decorations in my kitchen and living room. I couldn't wait til the day after Thanksgiving to take it down and start putting up Christmas decorations! My favorite. Same with Christmas, I remember it all. Putting everything up with my big belly, everyone getting Wiley gifts for Christmas. I remember thinking that next year, we'll be buying big toys to help him walk and get all around the floor. Like I said, I have been depressed lately and as of right now, I don't want any holiday decorations in my house this year. This may change, but just how I'm feeling about it now. When I told Sam that we weren't putting the Christmas tree up this year, he said, "Yes, we are. We aren't going that far." I told him no, that I didn't want it up. I'm not going to look at an empty Christmas tree in my living room that is supposed to have tons of presents under it to spoil our sweet boy. This was supposed to be our first Christmas as a family. This year was supposed to be different. We'll see how things go over the next few months. Maybe things will get better. But let's face it, I'll almost be 36 weeks pregnant when its time to take Christmas stuff down. That does not sound like fun.
I just miss my baby boy. Every day, every minute, every second. And there is nothing I can do, but live with it. I hate it.
I love you so much, baby boy. Wish you were here.
I am trying to pretend the holidays aren't happening this year. When I let myself think about them I just get sad. I just picture what should have been - from cute Halloween costumes to Christmas morning with two baby girls, not to mention the memories from last year being pregnant. I remember leaving work last year telling everyone I was going to enjoy my last Christmas with just the two of us because next year we would be a family of 4. I feel your hurt.
ReplyDeleteSo sorry Amy I know it hurts so much. I can imagine it would be so difficult to take down his room decorations. Saying a prayer for you now!
ReplyDeleteThat is a beautiful picture! Absolutely captivating.
ReplyDeleteAs for the nursery, take pictures of Wiley's room. I remember switching the offlice (now V's room) and Sam's room. Just the thought of moving the crib into his new sisters room was scary. I took my time with it, a little at a time. I took many breaks to just sit and cry and miss my boy.
Holidays. Oh holidays. Last year was my first without Sam ang pregnant with V. If I had the choice I would not have put up any decorations, even the Christmas tree. But because of my oldest I had too and Sam's gift (yes, I still bought him a gift) sat under the tree alone for a very long time. Still a year later I don't put out very many decorations if any at all or at least not as much as I used too. Holidays are just not exciting as they used to be.
Just be gentle on your self and allow your self the time and space to grieve.
Xo