Thursday, May 17, 2012

3 months and a blessing ring

Happy 3 month birthday baby boy! I can't believe its only been 3 months since Wiley was born.  It feels like a year, but I still remember it like it was yesterday. 

I finally finished Wiley's blessing ring.  I got the idea from Katie's Keepers a while back.  So many people sent us cards after Wiley passed away.  I thought this would be a nice way to keep them all together.  I also put all the cards off the plants and flowers people sent us. 

I bought the ring at Hobby Lobby in the jewelry department.  It's actually a necklace.
I hole-punched all the cards and put them on the ring and then just tied ribbon around in between cards.
You could do anything for the letter, but I bought a small wooden letter from Hobby Lobby and painted it then glued it to a piece of cardstock paper. 

You could make these for any of your children.  With birthday cards, graduation cards, etc.

 
It hangs on his bedroom door. :)

4 comments:

  1. What a great idea! Happy 3 month Angel Birthday Wiley! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is really sweet I love the idea! I am saying a prayer for you that you would have peace on his 3 month birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a cute idea! It's going to be 3 months for me tomorrow. At times I feel like the time is going by so fast and at the same time so slow (if that makes any sense). Hoping you're doing ok!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a neat idea. I have all kinds of cards and things and have been wondering what to do with them. They've been sitting in a basket on my counter for the last three months. I think that I'm going to put them in a big zipper bag to place inside the box I hope to create for Solveig.

    praying for you today,
    Love,
    Melody

    ReplyDelete