Well, the past few weeks have been really rough. I think because it's April and Wiley's due date is Friday.
Yesterday began my first year of "firsts," being first Easter/holiday. Friday will be due date and then of course we have Mother's day, my birthday, Father's day, etc.
So yesterday as everyone got Easter baskets ready for their kids, dressed their kids in their Easter clothes, post tons of Facebook pictures of their family all dressed nice and their kids hunting eggs, I was decorating my baby's grave at the cemetery. I was taking pictures of the Easter decorations I put at the cemetery because that's all I can do. That's the only picture I can take.
I wonder, Do those people plastering all their family pictures, pictures of the kids hunting eggs and everything the Easter Bunny brought their kids, do they know how blessed they are? Do they take getting to do all of that for granted? I hope not.
But hey that's not what Easter is about! Easter is about Jesus dying for you and for me so that we may have eternal life. It's about Jesus rising from the dead and the tomb being empty. Because of what Jesus did for us on the cross, I will get to hold my baby again someday. Thank you Jesus!
He is alive and he will come back one day for those who have accepted him. I'm ready! Are you?
I am blessed. Even though my world has been ripped away from me, I'm still blessed. I have my husband, my health, my family, our home. I don't have Wiley here, but God has blessed me in so many ways. Now, if I could just keep telling myself that.
Happy Easter yesterday.
Here is Wiley's grave at the cemetery. His headstone didn't come in before Easter and they haven't put sod down yet, but I worked with what I had.
.jpg)
I understand how you feel.. some people get sweet babies to dress and take to church on Easter. We get to go visit our babies at the cemetery. It breaks my heart. I too decorated Jake's grave for Easter. It's so totally not fair, but like you I know for sure I will see Jake in Heaven one day. I thank the Lord for dying for me on the cross... it's just the horrible hurt for the mean time... that we have to deal with. Prayers for you and your husband.
ReplyDeleteI know exactly how you feel too. It's such a hard place to be, and I wish no one had to experience it. You'll find that it will get easier, but it will take time. I've definitely taken pictures of Caroline's spot instead of the obligatory happy kid holiday picture. Ugh. It's just so hard.
ReplyDeleteHugs to you, mama!